With the Agriculture in the Classroom-Manitoba Annual General Meeting coming up on April 12th, nominations are open to those looking to join the AITC-M Board.
Who is eligible to run to be an AITC-M Director?
Anyone who is:
- A member of Agriculture in the Classroom-Manitoba
- Someone who is a member in good standing thirty days prior to the Annual General Meeting held on April 12th. To be a member of AITC-M, you must purchase an annual minimum $50 membership. For information as to how to pay online, visit our Donate page.
- 18 years of age
- A resident of Manitoba
How long is the term for an AITC-M Director?
Each director is elected for a three-year term. There are currently no limits on the number of terms that can be served. Directors take office at the Reorganizational Meeting held shortly after the AGM. The board has three meetings a year (Winnipeg and/or rural) plus the Annual General Meeting.
When are the director election dates for AITC-M?
Elections are held every year at the April Annual General Meeting. In 2023, the AGM will be on April 12th.
What procedures are followed in electing AITC-M Directors?
- At the AGM, when the number of nominees does not exceed the number of positions available for election, the chair of the Nominating Committee shall declare nominees elected by acclamation.
- When there are more nominees than positions, an election will take place
- Voting shall be by secret ballot at the AGM amongst the members present
- Ballots are counted at the meeting and new directors announced immediately
If you have any questions, please contact Katharine Cherewyk by phone at 204-782-4575 or email at Katharine@aitc.mb.ca.
Submit your nomination
To complete a nomination package, please fill out the Expression of Interest online form below or submit the downloadable form, a photo and 150-word biography to the attention of the Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expression of Interest – Online Form
Expression of Interest – PDF Download