Be an Agriculture Ambassador and volunteer with us. Check out the program opportunities below and then fill in the application at the bottom of the page.
- The AAA is for Grade 4 & 5 students and is held annually for 2 days in Brandon in June, for 3 days in Winnipeg in September and biannually for 1 day in Russell in April.
- Time commitment is from approximately 8:30 AM until 2:30 PM
- We provide instructions/scripts prior to event and hold orientations for all volunteers each morning of the event before the students arrive.
We need volunteers for the following positions in all three venues; Brandon, Winnipeg and Russell:
- Class Host – is responsible for leading one group of students and their teacher to the right station at the right time.
- Station Facilitator – runs a fun interactive station giving students the opportunity to learn more about agriculture.
We need producers and industry professionals to be the face of agriculture and share your agriculture story, read a book and conduct an activity with students during Canadian Agriculture Literacy Month (CALM)!
CALM is a 60-minute classroom program delivered at various schools throughout the province during March, 2017. The time commitment can be a minimum of 1 hour, ½ day, or a full day over multiple days in different classrooms. We will provide training and give you all the materials you need to make this program an unforgettable success.
- The MIMB program is held in schools of all grade levels throughout the province and throughout the year.
- Time commitment is from approximately 8:30 AM until 11:30 AM
- Producers or Industry People – are needed to be the face of agriculture and to serve the breakfast buffet to the students.