Become a Volunteer
Be an Agriculture Ambassador and volunteer with us. Check out the program opportunities below and then fill in the application at the bottom of the page.
Amazing Agriculture Adventure (AAA)
- AAA is for Grade 4 and 5 students and is held annually for two days in Brandon in June, for three days in Winnipeg in September and biannually for one day in Russell in April.
- Time commitment is from approximately 8:30 am until 2:30 pm
- We provide instructions/scripts prior to event and hold orientations for all volunteers each morning of the event before the students arrive.
We need volunteers for the following positions in all three venues; Brandon, Winnipeg, and Russell:
- Class Host – is responsible for leading one group of students and their teacher to the right station at the right time.
- Station Facilitator – runs a fun interactive station giving students the opportunity to learn more about agriculture.
Canadian Agriculture Literacy Month (CALM)
We need producers and industry professionals to be the face of agriculture and share your agriculture story, read a book and conduct an activity with students during Canadian Agriculture Literacy Month (CALM). CALM is a 60-minute classroom program delivered at various schools throughout the province during March, 2018. The time commitment can be a minimum of 1 hour, ½ day, or a full day over multiple days in different classrooms. We will provide training and give you all the materials you need to make this program an unforgettable success.
Made in Manitoba Breakfast (MIMB)
The MIMB program is held in schools of all grade levels throughout the year across the province. We need producers and industry professionals are needed to be the face of agriculture and to serce breakfast to the students buffet-style.
- Time commitment is from approximately 8:30 am until 11:30 pm