Summer Program Assistant based in the Winnipeg area
Agriculture in the Classroom- Manitoba Inc. (AITC-M) is a non-profit organization supported by individuals and the agriculture industry. The organization runs several programs throughout the year including the Amazing Agriculture Adventure, the Amazing Ag Days Adventure, gardening programs and other special events. AITC-M also develops and distributes teacher resources to help deliver agriculture information for use within the school curriculum.
We are currently seeking a: Summer Program Assistant based in the Winnipeg area
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual looking for experience in program management including coordination and delivery. Based in Manitoba, the full-time Summer Program Assistant is primarily responsible for assisting in the coordination and delivery of AITC-M programs across Manitoba as well as related special events. This position will help in the organization and development of programs and activities run by AITC-M.
Key Skill Set includes:
- Post secondary education in agriculture or education, a strong asset
- Experience in volunteer management, a strong asset
- Experience in event planning, a strong asset
- Experience in creative communications, a strong asset
- Understanding of the Manitoba agricultural sector, an asset
- Understanding of the Manitoba school curriculum, an asset
- Strong planning, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Communication skills including listening, written, oral and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills
- Self-directed, highly organized, task oriented, with proven team skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, have access to a vehicle and be willing to travel
- You must be a student returning to post-secondary studies in the fall
This job opportunity will commence on May 8th and will be on a contract basis until August 25th, 2017.
If you have specific questions about this dynamic position, contact Sue Clayton at 204-781-1215. Apply with resume and references by April 13, 2017 to Sue Clayton at email: email@example.com